Perludem – RESPECT Vacancy: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The Asia-Pacific Regional Support for Elections and Political Transitions (RESPECT)
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Scope of Work
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
The M&E Specialist will be based in Jakarta and work with Perludem and grantee staff to lead the analysis, implementation and modifications of all M&E approaches, processes and reporting for The RESPECT Program. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring that M&E data informs learning activities and adaptive management decisions, as well as guides internal and external project communications. The M&E Specialist will report to the Chief of Party.
Specific tasks include:
- Analyze all M&E designs and approaches based on actual implementation to date ensuring that indicators, evaluation methodology, and data collection systems are appropriate and practical and propose modifications as necessary in coordination with the program team.
- Analyze the established baseline for all project and grantee activities and track progress at output, outcome, and impact levels.
- Harmonize M&E approaches and standardize collection tools and reporting schedules to track and monitor performance during implementation effectively and consistently, including beneficiary tracking.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to design quarterly and annual workplan & with Deputy Chief of Party for budget plan on Activities Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP).
- Coordinate the implementation of M&E activities with the Project Manager, Project Officer and Grantee.
- Review and verify sub-grantees’ milestone deliverables for claims of achievement, and log supporting evidence into RESPECT M&E system.
- Monitor the project progress against annual and quarterly work-plan and budget plans and identify the problems encountered by the on-going projects and device inputs to solve such problems.
- Produce a technically valid, high-quality quarterly M&E narrative reports of analysis on output and outcome, results tables, and graphics against set targets and indicators in timely manner for review by the Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party, and submission to USAID.
- Train and communicate learning and best practices among all program team and grantee on M&E data collection, survey protocols and data quality.
- Provide technical assistance to Perludem program team on reviewing institutional logical framework for monitoring and evaluation and development of monitoring tools.
- Conduct regular and ad hoc data quality assessment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation management, preferably in development works
- A bachelor degree in related field.
- A good knowledge of M&E frameworks including logic models and Theory of Change
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with accuracy in working with large amounts of data.
- Knowledgeable in project management cycle and experience in project design and proposal review
- Solid experience in monitoring and producing high quality report.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; strong English written and spoken skills.
- Experienced in giving training and/or institutional capacity building on monitoring evaluation issues.
- Experience in managing and recording data and project documents.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varied timelines.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
This position will be stationed in Jakarta, Indonesia with frequent travel to Southeast Asia countries
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV in PDF version to firstname.lastname@example.org with standard file naming as [yourname] – CV. Please send applications as soon as possible. Due date for this application is Friday March 5th, 2021. Applicants are instructed to write “RESPECT M&E Specialist – [your name]” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.