The Asia-Pacific Regional Support for Elections and Political Transitions (RESPECT)
Scope of Work
Perludem (Perkumpulan untuk Pemilu dan Demokrasi/The Association for Elections and Democracy) is an independent nonprofit organization that conducts research, advocacy, monitoring, education, and training in the areas of electoral and democratic for policy makers, organizers, participants, and voters.
Since 2018, Perludem has been managing The Asia-Pacific Regional Support for Elections and Political Transitions (RESPECT) Program, a USAID-funded five-year program, with purpose of which is to support improved election integrity and electoral justice in the Asia-Pacific region. Perludem is the recipient of this Leader with Associate Awards Cooperative Agreement and is responsible for the overall management of the award and for ensuring achievement of the program objectives.
Perludem is collaborating with the Indonesian Association for Media Development, (PPMN), in implementing this program, and partnering with The Asia Foundation for organizational and capacity support. Perludem will also partner with key national and regional organizations across Asia and the Pacific to achieve program results on the following objectives:
- Improved enabling environment for electoral governance and political processes
- Increased citizen participation in elections and political processes, including political transitions
- Effective election observation and oversight of electoral processes
In addition, this program also supports a fourth objective—enhanced participation, leadership, and political empowerment of women, youth, and other marginalized groups—but through a cross-cutting approach across all objectives.
PERLUDEM invites qualified and highly motivated Indonesian candidates to fill the position of Project Manager for RESPECT project with following objectives and qualifications:
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
The Project Manager will work to assist the Chief of Party in managing the project on daily basis, delivering activities within the programs, and communicating with related stakeholders and partners. She/he will directly report to the Chief of Party.
The responsibilities for the Project Manager are, but not limited to the following duties:
- Develop strategy, and monitor implementation of RESPECT programs (event & activities) in coordination with Perludem’s Program Manager;
- Collect and compile information on RESPECT’s baselines and assess the impact of program activities, with a focus on exchange learning across regional countries;
- Lead the implementation of RESPECT program activities and ensure quality delivery of the program in line with donor expectation;
- Monitor detailed implementation plan for grantee and ensure it consistently carried out by implementing partner in proper way, ensure integration on women, people with disability issues within the program;
- Coordinate with M & E Specialist on project achievement and indicators;
- Contribute to the annual programming, program reporting and project’s deliverables;
- Maintain network with donor, project partners, and regional stakeholders;
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned related to project activities.
- University Bachelor Degree or equivalent in legal studies, social/political sciences or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Civil Society Organizations/Non-Government Organizations or familiar with development works;
- Excellent knowledge of democracy and electoral issues;
- Good understanding of and strong affinity with civil society, in particular with non-governmental organizations and marginalized groups;
- Ability to use analytical tools and to perform analyses for the assessment and implementation of projects/programmes;
- Experience in program management including managing research;
- Prior experience in grant management and working with organizations across Southeast Asia region will be regarded as an asset;
- Very good communication skills and in administrative;
- Proficiency in English both oral and written is a must;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Work with a high level of self-responsibility, reliability, multitasking and service orientation with good attention to details and constantly willing to learn and accept change;
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
This position will be stationed in Jakarta, Indonesia with frequent travel to Southeast Asia countries
The Project Manager will report to the RESPECT Program Chief of Party
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV in PDF version to firstname.lastname@example.org with standard file naming as [yourname] – CV. Please send applications as soon as possible. Due date for this application is Sunday, August 18, 2019. Applicants are instructed to write “RESPECT Project Manager – [your name]” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.