Perludem – RESPECT Vacancy: Project Finance Manager
The Asia-Pacific Regional Support for Elections and Political Transitions (RESPECT)
PROJECT FINANCE MANAGER
Scope of Work
Perludem (Perkumpulan untuk Pemilu dan Demokrasi/The Association for Elections and Democracy) is an independent nonprofit organization that conducts research, advocacy, monitoring, education, and training in the areas of electoral and democratic for policy makers, organizers, participants, and voters.
Since 2018, Perludem has been managing The Asia-Pacific Regional Support for Elections and Political Transitions (RESPECT) Program, a USAID-funded five-year program, with purpose of which is to support improved election integrity and electoral justice in the Asia-Pacific region. Perludem as the recipient of this Leader with Associate Awards Cooperative Agreement is responsible for the overall management of the award and for ensuring achievement of the program objectives.
Perludem is collaborating with the Indonesian Association for Media Development, (PPMN), in implementing this program, and partnering with The Asia Foundation for organizational and capacity support. Perludem will also partner with key national and regional organizations across Asia and the Pacific to achieve program results on the following objectives:
- Improved enabling environment for electoral governance and political processes
- Increased citizen participation in elections and political processes, including political transitions
- Effective election observation and oversight of electoral processes
In addition, this program also supports a fourth objective—enhanced participation, leadership, and political empowerment of women, youth, and other marginalized groups—but through a cross-cutting approach across all objectives.
PERLUDEM invites qualified and highly motivated Indonesian candidates to fill the position of Project Finance Manager for RESPECT program with following objectives and qualifications:
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, The RESPECT Project Finance Manager is responsible for oversight of the project’s financial matters, including preparation of all financial documents required for a successful implementation of the activity, financial plans, cost calculations, and financial review documents. The Finance Manager is also responsible to provide recommendations and mentoring to Perludem Finance team to ensure financial operations compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations.
OBJECTIVE and ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Responsible for gaining comprehensive knowledge of Perludem’s Finance, Accounting and Procurement SOP and USAID provisions comprehensively and for identifying areas where policies, procedures and/or practices that may not be fully aligned with RESPECT project practice and advising project management with options and recommendations.
- Maintain intensive communication with Perludem Finance team regarding RESPECT project financial management and accessibility of financial resources, in order to comply with established procedures.
- Coordinate with Perludem Finance and Operation Manager in ensuring appropriate implementation of USAID pre-award recommendations.
- Responsible for providing training, guidance and direction to RESPECT project Accounting/Finance staff as well as grantee on bookkeeping, reporting and documentation requirements in compliance with USAID provisions.
- Work with the grants officer to set grant funding disbursement plan and the required supporting document for verification of grantee deliverables.
- Develop RESPECT project Annual Budget Plan in accordance with the Annual Programmatic Workplan
- Establish and maintain project funding flows tracking systems, monthly, quarterly, annually and for Life of Project.
- Produce accounting and financial forecast and review expense reports against budget statements (accruals, pipelines, cost-share, etc.) as requested by USAID.
- Review and analyze the calculation and charging of project shared-resources, indirect cost and cost-share.
- Operate financial administrative tasks and in coordination with Perludem finance team, ensure overall compliance with USAID, and Perludem SOPs.
- Oversee and supervise the Accountant in project bookkeeping and in properly recording of all project financial transaction into the computerized accounting system (Sango).
- Reviews and approves bank reconciliations performed by the Accountant
- Supervise the Accountant in maintaining electronic and physical files of all payments made to local vendors and grantees are organized and up-to-date, ensuring all voucher files are scanned and uploaded to assigned storage.
- Manage all project finance reporting, including financial systems and procedures, tax and financial reporting, projections, etc.
- Provide assistance to Finance and Operation Manager in preparing financial statements along with the respective supporting documentation, such as explanatory notes, as requested by the tax and audit administration of the GOI.
- Provide assistance to Perludem Finance and Operation Manager in preparation of VAT reports for USAID.
- Supervise RESPECT project Accountant in reviewing grantees’ monthly financial reports
- Perform other activities as needed by RESPECT management and the program in general.
- Attend to requests made by the Chief of Party and the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting field is required.
- 5+ years of experience managing the financial aspects and leading Finance Unit of USAID projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable finance-related USG contracting regulations, is mandatory.
- Familiarity with sub grants management and project finance management, including financial controls, review, auditing, as well as reporting on accruals, pipelines and expenses, etc.
- Thorough understanding in organizational Standard Operating Procedures and experienced in providing institutional capacity building on financial management.
- An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries.
- High ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Fluency in English both spoken and written required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Project Accountant
This position will be stationed in Jakarta, Indonesia with frequent travel to Southeast Asia countries
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV in PDF version to firstname.lastname@example.org with standard file naming as [yourname] – CV. Please send applications as soon as possible. Due date for this application is Friday, March 12, 2021. Applicants are instructed to write “RESPECT Project Finance Manager – [your name]” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.