Perludem – RESPECT Vacancy: Communication Specialist
The Asia-Pacific Regional Support for Elections and Political Transitions (RESPECT)
Scope of Work
Objectives and Duties:
The Communications Specialist will be responsible in the production and content of all RESPECT publications, reports and communications materials. This includes contract deliverables such as monthly and quarterly reports as well as special reports, success stories, press releases and materials detailing program activities. S/He will work to prepare information materials for approved media campaigns relating to project successes to beneficiaries and project partners.
- Design and implement the Communications Strategy for RESPECT
- Work closely with partners and grantees in designing project-specific communications and outreach strategies
- Develop strategy, guidelines and monitor the management of project’s social media presence or other to-be-identified appropriate social media platforms to be an interactive & resourceful means of promotion and advocacy and oversee other project outreach
- Develop first drafts of RESPECT reports including fact sheets, success stories, periodic progress reports (quarterly, annually, etc.), infographics, public information and other project materials
- Review and edit project documents submitted by sub-partners (Subcontractors, grantees)
- Ensure all reports and public materials for events, including banners, logos, and other project visual/print materials adhere to RESPECT’s Branding Strategy and Marking Plan
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of public information materials
- Participate in project and grantee’s events and activities and take photographs or video footage, collect quotes from participants and prepare written summaries and descriptions for publication products
- Ensure program successes are appropriately promoted in the regional targeted countries to help advocate election integrity and promote Perludem-RESPECT’s work in the region.
- Coordinate closely with the M&E Specialist to monitor press coverage—including news wires, local newspapers, television and radio;
- Coordinate on-demand information as assigned by his/her supervisor for USAID or other stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, literature or other related field is preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of progressively professional experience in the communication field.
- Has a strong communication background with previous experience in communication and stakeholder engagement of a donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding on public engagement, communication strategy and tools, and communication techniques both conventional and digital.
- Demonstrate ability to craft relevant messages for different audiences.
- Proven skills in managing and operating social media and websites.
- Demonstrate strong report writing experience in English language
- Insightful and ability to think innovatively and strategically in advancing communication of project’s ideas and outputs.
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
- Demonstrate ability to remotely work in a team and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and Power Point). Possess skill on graphic design or desktop publishing software tools is an advantage.
RANGE SALARY: IDR 15.000.000 – IDR 20.000.000 (GROSS)
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV in PDF version to email@example.com with standard file naming as [yourname] – CV. Please send applications as soon as possible. Due date for this application is Wednesday June 23th, 2021. Applicants are instructed to write “RESPECT Communication Specialist – [your name]” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.