The Asia-Pacific Regional Support for Elections and Political Transitions (RESPECT)
Communication Specialist Consultant
Scope of Work
Objectives and Duties:
The Communications Specialist Consultant will be responsible in the production process i.e.: designing content and layout, branding, marking, disclaimer, proofread, of all RESPECT publications, reports and communications materials. This includes contract deliverables such as monthly and quarterly reports as well as special reports, success stories, press releases and advocacy materials detailing program activities. S/He will work to prepare information materials for approved media campaigns relating to project successes to beneficiaries and project partners.
- Design the Communications Strategy for RESPECT, support and coordinate the implementation with Perludem and PPMN.
- Work closely with partners and grantees in designing project-specific communications and promotions strategies.
- Develop strategy, guidelines and monitor the management of project’s social media presence or other to-be-identified appropriate social media platforms to be an interactive & resourceful means of promotion and advocacy and oversee other project outreach.
- Develop RESPECT communication & publication materials such as, but not limited to: fact sheets, success stories, lessons learned and good practices, infographics, public information and other materials.
- Ensure all reports and public materials for events, including banners, logos, and other project visual/print materials adhere to RESPECT’s Branding Strategy and Marking Plan.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of content and language of all public information materials produces.
- Participate in project and grantee’s events and activities and take photographs or video footage, collect quotes from participants and prepare written summaries and descriptions for publication products.
- Ensure program successes are appropriately promoted in the regional targeted countries to help advocate election integrity and promote Perludem-RESPECT’s work in the region.
- Coordinate closely with RESPECT project team (M&E Specialist, Project Officer & IT, etc) to monitor the quality of RESPECT produced online articles and statistic record of hits and reader feedbacks, and also to analyze targeted output and design relevant publication material to support achievement of targets.
- Coordinate on-demand information as assigned by the COP/DCOP for USAID or other stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, literature or related field is preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of progressively professional experience in the communication field for donor-funded projects.
- Has a strong communication background with previous experience in communication and stakeholder engagement of a donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding on public engagement, communication strategy and tools, and communication techniques both conventional and digital.
- Demonstrate ability to craft relevant messages for different audiences.
- Proven skills in managing and operating social media and websites.Demonstrate strong report writing experience in English language.
- Insightful and ability to think innovatively and strategically in advancing communication of project’s ideas and outputs.
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
- Demonstrate ability to remotely work in a team and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and Power Point). Possess skill on graphic design or desktop publishing software tools is an advantage.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV in PDF version to firstname.lastname@example.org with standard file naming as [yourname] – CV. Please send applications as soon as possible. Due date for this application is Tuesday, April 5th 2022. Applicants are instructed to write “RESPECT Communication Specialist Consultant– [your name]” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.